Hello CAST Colleague,

If you are going to the AIChE Meeting in Salt Lake City, you can
still register for a FREE workshop entitled "Recent Advances in
Chemical Engineering Problem Solving."  This workshop will
include hands-on work with POLYMATH, Excel, and MATLAB.
The capability of POLYMATH to automatically generate Excel
spreadsheets and create MATLAB code for numerical problems
is receiving considerable interest. More details are in the link
below.

http://www.polymath-software.com/AICHEWorkshop/

Please consider attending and also forward this e-mail to
any colleagues whom you think may be interested. Ph. D.
students interested in teaching careers, and your TA's in
courses using POLYMATH (such as Chemical Reaction
Engineering) are most welcome to attend.

Workshop in Salt Lake City - Sunday November 4th
Presenters (Polymath Authors):
		Michael B. Cutlip - University of Connecticut
		Mordechai Shacham - Ben Gurion University

A workshop will be held at the Peery Hotel on Sunday afternoon
November 4th from 3-5:30 pm  and will be repeated again on
Sunday evening from 7:30 to 10:00 pm.  This timing should allow
one to attend the welcoming AIChE reception which goes from
6:30 - 8:30.  (Experience shows that one should arrive at 6:30
for the AIChE Reception to assure a good selections of food
items.)

The workshops will be free, and attendees will be accepted on a
first-registered, first-accepted basis.

Attendees will need to bring their own notebook computers.  We
will provide Polymath software, but attendees should have
Microsoft Excel and MATLAB installed on their own notebooks.
(We will have MATLAB for those who do not have copies of this
software.)  Wireless internet capabilities may be utilized.

Attendance is limited, so please e-mail me as soon as you can
make a definite reservation.  Indicate on your e-mail whether you
want to reserve a space at the 3-5:30 workshop or the 7:30-10
workshop.

Send your e-mail requesting a workshop reservation and
indicate afternoon and evening workshops in preferential order
to:

You will be contacted with more details if you received a
confirmed reservation.

New Book Related to POLYMATH

Also, please note that our latest book entitled Problem Solving
in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering with POLYMATH,
Excel, and MATLAB has been released by Prentice Hall.  It is
paperback and only $55, and it contains over 170 numerical
problems with solutions via POLYMATH, Excel, and MATLAB.
You can order an examination copy from the link below:

Problem Solving Book

(http://vig.prenhall.com/)

Thanks,

Mike Cutlip