Hello CAST Colleague,

If you are going to the AIChE Meeting in Salt Lake City, you can still register for a FREE workshop entitled "Recent Advances in Chemical Engineering Problem Solving."  This workshop will include hands-on work with POLYMATH, Excel, and MATLAB. The capability of POLYMATH to automatically generate Excel spreadsheets and create MATLAB code for numerical problems is receiving considerable interest. More details are in the link below.

http://www.polymath-software.com/AICHEWorkshop/

Please consider attending and also forward this e-mail to any colleagues whom you think may be interested. Ph. D. students interested in teaching careers, and your TA's in courses using POLYMATH (such as Chemical Reaction Engineering) are most welcome to attend.

Workshop in Salt Lake City - Sunday November 4th
Presenters (Polymath Authors):
                        Michael B. Cutlip - University of Connecticut
                        Mordechai Shacham - Ben Gurion University

A workshop will be held at the Peery Hotel on Sunday afternoon November 4th from 3-5:30 pm  and will be repeated again on Sunday evening from 7:30 to 10:00 pm.  This timing should allow one to attend the welcoming AIChE reception which goes from 6:30 - 8:30.  (Experience shows that one should arrive at 6:30 for the AIChE Reception to assure a good selections of food items.)

The workshops will be free, and attendees will be accepted on a first-registered, first-accepted basis.

Attendees will need to bring their own notebook computers.  We will provide Polymath software, but attendees should have Microsoft Excel and MATLAB installed on their own notebooks. (We will have MATLAB for those who do not have copies of this software.)  Wireless internet capabilities may be utilized.

Attendance is limited, so please e-mail me as soon as you can make a definite reservation.  Indicate on your e-mail whether you want to reserve a space at the 3-5:30 workshop or the 7:30-10 workshop.

Send your e-mail requesting a workshop reservation and indicate afternoon and evening workshops in preferential order to:

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

You will be contacted with more details if you received a confirmed reservation.

New Book Related to POLYMATH

Also, please note that our latest book entitled Problem Solving in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering with POLYMATH, Excel, and MATLAB has been released by Prentice Hall.  It is paperback and only $55, and it contains over 170 numerical problems with solutions via POLYMATH, Excel, and MATLAB. You can order an examination copy from the link below:

Problem Solving Book

(http://vig.prenhall.com/)

Thanks,

Mike Cutlip