Library Assistant Opening – National Endowment for Democracy
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is seeking to fill the position of a Library Assistant. The Library Assistant works under the supervision of the Librarian and the Director of the Democracy Resource Center (DRC) to add new materials, maintain the collection of the library, and borrow materials for staff and fellow through inter-library loan.
• Copy catalog and process all books, reports, and audio/visual materials received by the library;
• Process and maintain all print and electronic periodicals received by the library using the InMagic Genie database;
• Track and process copies of all NED grantee-produced publications;
• Process and maintain records for library purchases using the InMagic Genie database and contact vendors to claim missing publications;
• Borrow materials from other libraries via inter-library loan for fellows and NED staff;
• Initiate and maintain journal publication exchanges; and
• Assist in compiling and sending out daily DRC news service.
Knowledge and Skill Level:
• Experience working in a library or information center;
• Experience using databases, preferably InMagic software;
• Experience with copy cataloging and inter-library loan is desired;
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
• Ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently and work independently;
• Knowledge of foreign languages is desirable; and
• Qualified to work in the US.
To Apply: please e-mail a letter of interest and resume, including the names and contact information for three references, to [log in to unmask]. Please put Library Assistant and your full name in the subject line.
NED is an equal opportunity employer.
-- The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.