Please excuse cross-posting.
Exciting opportunity to work with the established archives of a small federal agency in convenient downtown DC. Seeking a certified, experienced archivist with knowledge of archival standards and practices, as well as expertise archiving a variety of professional materials including reports, press releases, correspondence, legislative documents, and multimedia.
• Work in a friendly setting in a combined Library and Archives
• Process manuscripts and audio visual materials according to the agency's outline and collection requirements
• Develop finding aids
• Oversee the digitization of small collections, including scanning, OCR, and indexing
• Maintain the agency’s legislative history, including research and retrieval of relevant documents
• On occasion, design historic exhibits
• Respond to historic research requests
Your education and experience:
• Archivist certification is preferred.
• Completion of graduate level courses in records management, archives administration, or a related field.
• Direct experience processing and preferably managing archival collections.
• Knowledge of the legislative process and the retrieval of legislative documents are preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of the methods and materials used in the care and preservation of permanent records.
• Understanding of historical research methods and the ability to perform such research.
• Ability to design historic exhibits, including planning, research, design, and overseeing of execution.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access and database design is preferred.
• Knowledge of web design and maintenance, especially using Dreamweaver, is preferred.
Requires application found at: www.lssi.com/forms/East_Coast_App.pdf . Resumes & applications to: [log in to unmask] .
LSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.