The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) is pleased to announce a dynamic simulator-based training course on Gasification Process Operations on October 1-5, 2012 at its state-of-the-art AVESTAR Center facility at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV.

This 5-day course is designed as a familiarization course to increase understanding of the gasification process including air separation, feedstock slurry preparation, entrained-flow gasification, synthesis gas cleanup, CO2 capture, and CO2 compression.  Course objectives are as follows:

- Introduce trainees to gasification and CO2 capture process systems and major components and how they dynamically interact
- Familiarize trainees with the operator training interface and plant control and how safe and efficient operation of the unit can be affected by plant problems
- Provide the trainees with hands-on experiences in plant operations using the real-time, high-fidelity Gasification with CO2 Capture dynamic simulator
- Increase trainee understanding of plant equipment and control processes and integrated operations of the plant
Trainees spend 40% of the time in the classroom and 60% of the time interacting with the Gasification with CO2 Capture dynamic simulator.  During the training, participants will startup and shutdown the simulated unit in an integrated manner and will be exposed to simple and complex unit malfunctions in the control room and in the field.  Control room protocol is also covered including communications, teamwork, equipment monitoring, alarm management, troubleshooting, and diagnosing equipment and process problems.
AVESTAR’s Gasification Process Operations course is delivered by highly-qualified instructors with extensive power plant and simulator training experience.  Trainees learn by operating on a state-of-the-art, high-fidelity, real-time Gasification dynamic simulator in a modern control room environment.
Recommended participants include engineers, operations personnel, and managers from electric utilities, engineering & construction firms, and equipment vendors with interest in gasification-based plants, air separation units, syngas cleanup, and carbon capture and compression.
For more information on Gasification Process Operations course content, registration and cost, please visit the AVESTAR training web page
To view all of our upcoming training courses, visit our Calendar Page.  If our public course offerings do not fully meet your needs, we can customize or adjust course content, exercises, and schedules accordingly.

To register for AVESTAR training offerings, please visit our web site or email us at [log in to unmask].  Registering early helps to ensure you have a seat in the date you want and increases the chances that the course will have sufficient students registered far enough in advance for us to confirm the course date.

And while you are at our website, check out AVESTAR resources, including a list of publications and presentations.

We hope to see you in our upcoming Gasification Process Operations course or a future AVESTAR dynamic simulator-based training course!