Greetings,

My name is Russ Heater, Recruiting Manager at Praxair, and I would like to post a position to your site.  Please let me know if you require anything else.

Senior R&D Process Control Engineer

For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make food taste better, plants operate cleaner and more efficiently, breathing easier and entertainment more exciting – in short, to make all our lives better.

Praxair is a Fortune 250 company and the products and technology impact in more than 20 different industries. We’re one of the world’s largest industrial gases businesses and you see our work every day, often without realizing it.

POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:

In this role you will be a member of the Advanced Control and Statistics R&D team.   You will develop and assess advanced process control and monitoring technology for Praxair’s air separation and hydrogen plants, including model predictive control (MPC), real time optimization, multivariate statistics and related technologies.   As the Senior R&D Controls Engineer you will have the opportunity to make a significant global impact to Praxair’s business and push the boundaries of control, monitoring and optimization technologies.  You will be involved in technology development programs from concept initiation through commercialization.

Successful candidates should not only exhibit technical excellence, but be able to champion new ideas and technology within Praxair.  To do this effectively, the candidate needs to demonstrate high levels of leadership capability, strong verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented focus, and an ability to find innovative technical solutions that best meet the needs of the customer.  Keeping abreast of new technology developments will be vital for success in this role, thus we are looking for someone that is truly passionate about this field.  You should also be willing to travel globally, and be comfortable interfacing with people from a variety of cultures and business backgrounds.

KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:

       Work closely with Operations, Engineering and Business organizations globally to drive technology development programs from concept through commercialization

       Develop a credible business case for new technology programs and lead the technical development.

       Interact with multi-disciplinary project execution teams

       Stay abreast of new technology developments in your field of expertise and actively contribute ideas for new R&D programs

       Manage partnerships and development programs with external vendors and academia

QUALIFICATIONS:

Basic:
       Master’s or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering
       Minimum of 3 years of experience applying advanced process control technology in an industrial setting
       Experience with Model Predictive Control (MPC)
       Experience in modeling chemical processes
       Ability to travel (domestic and international) up to 25% of the time
       Excellent communication and presentation skills

Preferred:
       PhD degree in Chemical Engineering
       5+ years of experience applying advanced process control technology in an industrial setting
       Experience in applied multivariate statistics and/or data mining, as well as optimization experience
       Experience with Operator Training simulators
       Air separation and Hydrogen reforming experience is preferred

Where your talent makes an impact.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V

Thanks,

Russell Heater, PHR
Talent Acquisition Manager, R&D
Praxair, Inc.
Building: 10/313
Phone: +1 (716) 879-2275
Mobile: +1 (716) 417-8441
Fax: +1 (716) 879-7091

This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or non-public material. Except as stated above, any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than an intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please so notify the sender and delete the material from any media and destroy any printouts or copies.