Dear CAST Colleagues:

Iíd like to bring to your attention two faculty searches currently underway
at the University of Maryland. If you would like to talk to me during the
Annual Meeting, please consider attending our Departmentís Bagels and Grits
Breakfast from 7-8:30am on Monday, Nov. 4 in the Powell Rooms of the Parc
55 Hotel: http://www.chbe.umd.edu/aiche

óRay

1) The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (
http://chbe.umd.edu) seeks outstanding individuals for a tenure-track
faculty position. Successful applicants will have a Ph.D. in Chemical
Engineering or a related discipline; additional postdoctoral experience is
desirable. We seek the best possible candidates, irrespective of research
field or academic rank.

Each appointee will be expected to establish an imaginative, vibrant, and
well-funded research program that will serve to educate graduate and
undergraduate students and advance the field. Each appointee also will
contribute to the teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses within the
department. Depending on qualifications and experience, the successful
candidate at the full professor level may be appointed as the Robert
Franklin and Frances Riggs Wright Distinguished Chair in Chemical
Engineering.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY: Please visit (http://ejobs.umd.edu) and
find posting 119527. For best consideration, applications should be
received by Dec. 5, 2013.

2) The Institute for Systems Research (ISR) and the A. James Clark School
of Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park, invite
applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Model-Based
Systems Engineering (MBSE). We seek applicants with a doctoral degree who
have research expertise in MBSE, formal approaches to engineering design
and validation, requirements engineering, and multi-objective optimization
and trade-off analysis, with appropriate connections to an engineering
and/or biological domain.

This position is tenure track in a Clark School department (e.g., Chemical
and Biomolecular) with a joint appointment to the ISR. The tenure home for
this appointment will be in the department.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY: Please visit (http://ejobs.umd.edu) and
find posting #105839. For best consideration, submit applications by
January 31, 2014.

--
Raymond A. Adomaitis, Professor
Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies