Dear CAST Colleagues:

Iíd like to bring to your attention two faculty searches currently underway at the University of Maryland. If you would like to talk to me during the Annual Meeting, please consider attending our Departmentís Bagels and Grits Breakfast from 7-8:30am on Monday, Nov. 4 in the Powell Rooms of the Parc 55 Hotel:†http://www.chbe.umd.edu/aiche

óRay

1) The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (http://chbe.umd.edu) seeks outstanding individuals for a tenure-track faculty position. Successful applicants will have a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline; additional postdoctoral experience is desirable. We seek the best possible candidates, irrespective of research field or academic rank.†

Each appointee will be expected to establish an imaginative, vibrant, and well-funded research program that will serve to educate graduate and undergraduate students and advance the field. Each appointee also will contribute to the teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses within the department. Depending on qualifications and experience, the successful candidate at the full professor level may be appointed as the Robert Franklin and Frances Riggs Wright Distinguished Chair in Chemical Engineering.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY: Please visit (http://ejobs.umd.edu) and find posting 119527. For best consideration, applications should be received by Dec. 5, 2013.

2) The Institute for Systems Research (ISR) and the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park, invite applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). We seek applicants with a doctoral degree who have research expertise in MBSE, formal approaches to engineering design and validation, requirements engineering, and multi-objective optimization and trade-off analysis, with appropriate connections to an engineering and/or biological domain.†

This position is tenure track in a Clark School department (e.g., Chemical and Biomolecular) with a joint appointment to the ISR. The tenure home for this appointment will be in the department.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY: Please visit (http://ejobs.umd.edu) and find posting #105839. For best consideration, submit applications by January 31, 2014.

--
Raymond A. Adomaitis, Professor
Associate Chair for Undergraduate Studies