Research Scientist: Rockwell Automation, Strategic Development, USA
The Strategic Development group at Rockwell Automation (http://www.rockwellautomation.com) has a research
position available for a data scientist at its Austin, Texas location. The successful candidate will join a dynamic research team to develop innovative analytics solutions for a diverse range of applications that will put the candidate’s technical and creative
skills to the test. The specific activities will focus on real-time predictive and prescriptive analytics for applications in manufacturing and process industries.
- Strong Background in Statistical Data Analysis.
- Solid background in algorithmic development for analytics. Of special interest is the ability to customize analytics algorithms
for streaming data.
- Ability to develop & deploy creative analytics solution for real world problems.
- Good programming background with languages such as Python, R, C/C++.
- Familiarity with the development of presentation layer for the analytics solutions (e.g. HTML5)
- Familiarity with optimization & control theory
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse technical backgrounds and across technologies, disciplines and functions.
- Graduate degree (preferably Ph.D) in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science specializing in one or more of the following: Statistical
Data Analysis, Computational Efficiency of Numerical Algorithms (preferably in statistical data analysis, optimization), Process Modelling, Control & Optimization.
Salary and contract conditions:
- Compensation package will be commensurate with the qualifications of the applicant.
- Minimal travel requirements.
Please send your application (including a full CV) to Bijan Sayyar-Rodsari ([log in to unmask]).