A 3-year full-time fellowship on advanced techniques for the formal validation of complex mathematical models, and the application of these techniques to biological process models, is available at Process Systems Enterprise (PSE). The work will be carried out at PSE’s headquarters in London, UK, under the supervision of Professor Costas Pantelides FREng, with parallel registration for a PhD degree in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London.
The successful candidate will be appointed as an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) to join SyMBioSys, a dynamic, multidisciplinary training network organised and funded under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN) initiative of the European Union click for details. SyMBioSys represents an interdisciplinary joint effort of modellers, systems and software engineers, as well as experimentalists. It focuses on the development of cutting-edge mathematical models for complex biological processes, methodologies and software for system analysis and optimisation based on such models, and the exploitation of these tools in novel biotechnological applications.
The key criteria for the position are:
1. You must have a first-class Batchelor’s degree or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, with a demonstrably strong interest and aptitude in advanced mathematical techniques and software engineering.
2. Experience in one or more the following areas is also highly desirable: numerical techniques for parameter estimation and their application to complex mathematical models, Bayesian statistical methods and their application to practical problems, process modelling, simulation and optimisation in gPROMS, computer programming in FORTRAN, C, or C++.
3. In accordance with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN eligibility criteria for ESRs, you:
· must have less than 4 years' research experience following your university graduation
· must not be a holder of a PhD degree
· at the time of your appointment, you must not have resided or carried out your main activity (work or studies) in the United Kingdom for a period exceeding a total length of 12 months over the previous 3 years.
How to apply
Applications should be made via the PSE website www.psenterprise.com/careers where you can also find full details of the available position. Click on the PhD fellowship vacancy and apply directly. The deadline for applications is Friday 27th November 2015.
Please distribute this announcement along to interested parties. Thank you.
Head of HR
d: +44 20 8563 5592
Keep up to date and follow us on Linkedin |Facebook | Twitter
Process Systems Enterprise Limited - The Advanced Process Modelling company
5th Floor East, 26-28 Hammersmith Grove, London W6 7HA, United Kingdom
t: +44 20 8563 0888 f: +44 20 8563 0999 or visit us at www.psenterprise.com
Process Systems Enterprise Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered office as above. Registration no: 03307708 VAT no: GB 690775984
Information transmitted in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any use or reliance upon this information
by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.