Aspen Technology has a senior technical position opening in the Refinery and Petrochemical Petroleum Supply Chain area.
We are looking for experienced and talented individuals interested in the development of planning, scheduling, and supply chain optimization solutions.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable operating successfully at the interface of process systems engineering, computer science, and operations research.
· Conceptual and mathematical-programming modeling, design, coding, implementation, and testing of software applications and components with primary focus in the areas of mathematical modeling, refinery and petrochemical planning & scheduling and supply chain optimization.
· Work and lead other team members in developing designs, use cases, architecture and specification documents for our products.
· Work with Customer Support and Quality Engineering teams regarding customer and product issues as well as integration testing.
· Analyze customer requirements and develop technical specifications.
· Participating in the maintenance and enhancement of the existing code base.
· Keep current with new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and academia, and assist in determining the feasibility of implementing new technologies
· Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services, customer and business support on customer activities
· Ten or more years of experience with the development and practical application of innovative software solutions in industrial and business settings, with a focus on process systems engineering and operations research.
· Very strong computer programming and software development experience with multiple modeling and programming languages, particularly, C++ and/or C#.
· An advanced degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, specializing in one the following: process modeling, planning & scheduling, operations research, mathematical programming and optimization.
· A track record of championing new ideas and technology.
· Ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary research, development, and software project teams.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
· English fluency (written and verbal) required
· Strong problem solving ability
· Work well in a team environment
Location: Houston, TX
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit us at www.aspentech.com
||| Senior Director, R&D
Aspen Technology ||| +1 281 504 3097 ||| fax: +1 281 584 1062 ||| www.aspentech.com