Summer Intern: Rockwell Automation, Strategic Development, USA
The Strategic Development group at Rockwell Automation (http://www.rockwellautomation.com) has an open position available for an intern with background and interest in data science at its Austin, Texas location.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic research team to develop innovative analytics solutions for intelligent alarm management systems. Central to such a solution is the ability to efficiently cluster categorical attributes within a large data set with mixed numerical & categorical values via scalable and memory efficient algorithms.
· Apply knowledge in data science & computational techniques to develop novel algorithms for intelligent alarm management in a variety of applied industrial applications.
· Develop theories for clustering of datasets with mixed numerical and categorical attributes by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying state-of-the-art concepts and approaches.
· Write robust and effective code to implement and test hypothesized methods.
· Complete documentation detailing work, to ensure reproducibility of effort.
· Protect Rockwell intellectual property by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplish engineering and organization tasks by completing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Must currently be in pursuit of a PhD or advanced degree in computer science, or related technical field.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Research topic in contemporary algorithms for big data clustering and applications, analyzing information, problem solving,
· Programming Skills: PYTHON, C/C++, FORTRAN, software debugging, software documentation, software testing.
· Graduate Coursework: Machine learning, Algorithms and Advanced Data Structures, Algorithm Design and Analysis