Come one, come all to the April 12, Teach me Technology day at the Library of Congress.
The FEDLINK Library and Emerging Technologies Working Group will have 20 demonstrations set up to teach you a little about a lot of different technologies. Browse among the tables, and meet the experts. Peek behind the scenes to see how easy it is to use the tools. Learn how to adapt technologies being used in libraries to benefit your organization.
Agenda: Teach me Technology Day, April 12, 2016
10:00 Keynote from 18F https://18f.gsa.gov/
Ms. Jessie Posilkin https://twitter.com/jposi and
Ms. Olesya Minina https://www.linkedin.com/in/olesyaminina
10:30 Lighting Round (one minute about each of the 20 demos)
11:00 Browse the tables and meet the Geeks from Smithsonian, National Institutes of Health Library, National Agricultural Library, Department of Education, Veterans Affairs, University of Maryland, Congressional Research Service, Law Library of Congress, LibrarianDesignShare, Federal Judicial Center, NIST, DC Public Library, and more!
See how to:
· Build SharePoint State Sites
· Data Mine for Expertise
· Leverage Data
· Use Google Analytics
· Steal Marketing Material from Librarian Design Share
· Make Search Work
· Integrate 3D Printing Services
· Build a Drupal portal for Alzheimer’s Research
· Put Data on Display
· Start a Memory Lab
· Be Social in the Law Library of Congress
· Create (and reuse) Lists of Scholarly Publications
· Use Geographic Info and Data
· Develop Better Online Tutorials
· Design Digital Exhibits using Open Source Tools
· Visualize Data with Gephi
· Imagine Interesting Infographics
12:30 Wrap up
This program is FREE however Registration is required:
The Keynote and Lighting Round discussion will be available via iCohere
for those who cannot attend in person.
Click here to register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8ZPYZ3K