A position for a post-doctoral scientist is available at the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH-Greece), Chemical Process and Energy Resources Institute (CPERI) to carry out research in the field of modeling and design of solvent-based absorption/desorption CO2 capture processes. The position is part of a research program funded by the European Commission with multiple academic and industrial partners across Europe.
A successful candidate will be required to:
· Develop and use advanced, mathematical process modeling methods for separation and reactive separation systems.
· Use optimization methods for the design of chemical process systems.
· Participate in experimental runs in pilot plant unit.
· Validate the developed models using experimental results obtained from the pilot plant unit.
· Work independently but also collaborate with other scientists and engineers both internally and externally.
· Contribute to scientific community through publications.
· Keep abreast of relevant scientific literature/new technologies/capabilities.
· Prepare clear and thorough reports in English.
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or related field with research emphasis in advanced process modeling and design.
· Strong knowledge of mathematical programming of chemical processes in basic programming languages (e.g. C, Fortran etc.) or software like gPROMS and ASPEN.
· Good understanding of thermodynamics for process engineering.
· Experience with experimental study of process systems will be considered a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work productively in an interdisciplinary team environment
· Demonstration of scientific and people leadership skills.
Period of employment
The position is available for a 3-year term, offering a competitive salary. The deadline for applications is on September 15th. The successful applicant is expected to start within October 2016.
Athanasios Papadopoulos, PhD
Process Systems Design and Implementation Lab-PSDI,
Chemical Process and Energy Resources Institute-CPERI,
Centre for Research and Technology Hellas-CERTH
6th klm Harillaou-Thermis
Tel. +30 2310 498363,