Research Scientist: Rockwell Automation, Strategic Development, USA
Rockwell Automation (http://www.rockwellautomation.com) has an open position for a
research scientist within our corporate research group in Austin, TX. The successful candidate will join a dynamic research team to develop innovative solutions for a diverse range of applications. This position will put the candidate’s technical and
creative skills to test. The specific activities will focus on the development of optimization algorithms and models for real-time analytics applications in the manufacturing and process industries.
- Developed applications or algorithms, which required use of optimization theory.
- Developed applications or algorithms, which required use of complex modeling.
- Demonstrated experience to develop creative solutions for real world problems.
- Strong programming background, or demonstrated learning proficiency with programming languages. Specific languages of interest: Python, C/C++, nodejs.
- Experience in algorithmic development for optimization. Of special interest is the ability to analyze and enhance the robustness and computational efficiency of optimization algorithms
for real-time applications.
- Experience in uncertainty modeling.
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis algorithms and concepts.
- Prior work with Big data is a plus.
- Familiarity with control theory.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse technical backgrounds and across technologies, disciplines and functions.
- Graduate degree (preferably Ph.D.) in Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science specializing in one or more of the following: Optimization, Statistical Data Analysis, Learning Algorithms
for Big data, Complex System Modeling, Control.
Salary and contract conditions:
- Compensation package will be commensurate with the qualifications of the applicant.
- Minimal travel requirements.
Please send your application (including a full CV) to Bijan Sayyar-Rodsari ([log in to unmask]).