You are an expert in optimization, data analytics and software technologies. You have experience in interacting with industrial data and want to apply your knowledge in a challenging and fascinating environment. Then join our team of highly motivated researchers to develop the foundations for the next generation of ABB automation and power systems.
We are looking for a highly qualified scientist / software developer in the field of
optimization and data analytics software applications. Your key focus will be to develop innovative software solutions which include the digitization and optimization of production, automation, manufacturing and process technologies. To that end, you will
initiate, lead and participate in applied research
projects in the field. You will work on the fascinating boundary of research and software development within a team of highly motivated scientists. As a member of our research group, your work covers everything from problem definition and data exploration, via software development and architecture to project management. Your work enables new ways of operating, maintaining and optimizing industrial assets. Your technical and cross-cultural communicational skills will be required to establish the link between internal research, external research, and ABB's international business units.
Tasks include all software aspects of industrial optimization and analytics such as
- Development of optimization methods for industrial assets.
- Data curation, evaluation and analysis.
- Development of prototypes and proof-of-concept demonstrators.
- Requirements gathering and development of value-adding use cases for applications in tight cooperation with ABB’s business units and end customers.
- Communication of project results and complex solutions to expert and management audiences.
- Publishing of results, creation of intellectual property and work in committees.
You completed a postgraduate university degree (preferably a PhD or similar degree) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering with above average performance. The position requires strong hands-on experience with software development. We expect you to have cross-cultural communication skills as well as pronounced networking skills. Proficient English skills (both oral and written) are mandatory to communicate with external as well as internal international partners and the academic community.
You specifically have the following background:
- Experience in one of the following fields: Operations Research, Data Analytics, Mathematical Optimization, Algorithmics or Big Data.
- Software development and excellent programming skills (e.g. C#, C++, Java, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience in Software Engineering and System Architecture.
- Knowledge of Big Data Technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in simulation methods such as discrete-event simulation is a plus.
- Domain knowledge in process automation, power devices, robotics, or another area of ABB’s business is a plus.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team with open
communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a
wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your induction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to continuously enhance
Would you like to have further information?
+49 (0) 621 381 3500