Summer Intern: Rockwell Automation, Strategic Development, USA
Rockwell’s Customer Support & Maintenance (CSM) business is planning to extend its offering by utilizing high volume high velocity data that Rockwell customers are entrusting Rockwell to access. Predictive performance monitoring is viewed as a capability that would benefit a wide range of Rockwell customers in various industries.
The key objective of this internship position is to develop and implement the algorithms that can efficiently use available data to identify the onset of a performance anomaly in advance such that the operation team can properly plan for an appropriate response.
· Apply knowledge in computational techniques for the analysis of large data sets with mixed numerical & categorical attributes to develop novel techniques for identifying the early indicators of an impending anomaly.
· Develop theories for identifying early indicators of anomaly with mixed numerical and categorical attributes by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying state-of-the-art concepts and approaches.
· Write robust and effective code to implement and test hypothesized methods.
· Complete documentation detailing work, to ensure reproducibility of effort.
· Assist in model construction of unit operations as necessary.
· Protect Rockwell intellectual property by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplish engineering and organization tasks by completing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Must currently be in pursuit of a PhD or advanced degree in computer science, or related technical field.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Research topic in contemporary algorithms for big data analysis and applications, analyzing information, problem solving,
· Programming Skills: PYTHON, C/C++, FORTRAN, software debugging, software documentation, software testing.
· Graduate Coursework: Machine learning, Algorithms and Advanced Data Structures, Algorithm Design and Analysis