The Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF) is pleased to announce that it is accepting host applications for the VRAF Regional Workshop Program for 2017-2018. Thanks to the generous support from the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, this program will allow the VRAF to continue to realize its mission to promote scholarship, research, education, and outreach in the fields of visual resources and image management.
For the 2017-2018 program, four grants of up to $3000 each are available to support an instructor stipend and travel expenses, a stipend for the local organizer, catering, and other minor expenses incurred by the host institution. The VRAF will provide significant logistical support, including locating a qualified instructor and managing registration. With the VRAF Regional Workshop Grant, host institutions will be able to offer a workshop without the burden of developing it from within, and provide valuable programming not only to their local constituents, but to their broader region. This opportunity is open to Visual Resources Association (VRA) Chapters, VRA affiliates, related information management organizations, museums, libraries, and academic institutions. For a reasonable registration fee, the workshops will provide an immersive experience on a single topic, framed in a manner that is relevant to image management professionals, users of cultural heritage information, and the larger information community.
For the 2017-18 program, applications will be accepted to host one of the following workshops:
· Can We Do That?: Intellectual Property Rights and Visual Media
· Collaborating across the Institution: Creating Professional Partnerships to Support Cultural Heritage
· Documenting Cultural Heritage: Strategies and Spaces for Digital Capture
· Exhibit, Instruct, Promote: An Introduction to Omeka for Digital Scholarship
· Learning to Look and Looking to Learn: A Workshop on Visual Literacy
· Managing Digital Content
· Metadata and Management of Cultural Heritage Digital Media: From Fundamental to Future Trends
· Moving Images: The Basics and Beyond
· The International Image Interoperability Framework: What is it, and how can I use it?
We will also consider applications in which the host site proposes its own workshop topic. Please review the description of the VRAF Regional Workshop Program as well as the VRAF Mission Statement prior to confirm that your proposed workshop fits within both the program’s parameters and the larger goals of the VRAF.