Aspen Technology has a technical position opening in the Refinery and Petrochemical Petroleum Supply Chain area.
We are looking for talented individuals interested in software development for planning, scheduling, and supply chain optimization solutions.
Aspen Technology is the world's leading supplier of software for optimizing process engineering and manufacturing. Our products are
used by tens of thousands of engineers every day to improve the design and operations of their plants and refineries. AspenTech’s customer list (over 1700 companies) includes the world’s leading companies such as ExxonMobil, Shell, Dow Chemicals and BASF.
In addition, our products are taught in the Chemical Engineering curriculum of over 700 Universities around the world.
We are looking for experienced and talented individuals interested in the development of planning and scheduling solutions for the process industries. Strong software development knowledge, understanding of refinery and petrochemical processes and supply chain and distribution modeling, as well as modeling and optimization principles are all useful skills for this role.
• Design, implementation, and testing of software applications and components with primary focus in the areas of distribution, planning
& scheduling, and supply chain optimization.
• Work with team members to develop designs, use cases, architecture and specification documents for our products.
• Work with Customer Support and Quality Engineering teams to resolve customer and internal product issues.
• Provide technical support to product management, product marketing, services, customer and business support on customer activities.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the development and practical application of innovative software solutions in industrial and
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics.
• Proficiency in C++ and/or C# programming languages.
• Ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary research, development, and software project teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• English fluency (written and verbal) is required.
• The following qualifications are a plus:
o Exposure to mathematical modeling and optimization principles.
o Practical experience in process systems engineering and specifically refining and petrochemical planning and scheduling.
o Knowledge of AspenTech products, especially Aspen Petroleum Scheduler, Aspen Multi-Period Blend Optimizer, or Aspen PIMS.
AspenTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit us at www.aspentech.com.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
||| Sr. Director, Research & Development
Aspen Technology, Inc. ||| +1 281 504 3097 ||| fax: +1 281 584 1062 ||| www.aspentech.com
[log in to unmask]">