Polytechnique is a leading Canadian Engineering School with an exceptional
Chemical Engineering Department, located on the Campus of the University
of Montréal.  The Product and Process Design Laboratory at Polytechnique
has a history of success through their research program as measured by
their track record helping to catalyze bioeconomy projects in industry,
and recently with our partner CanmetENERGY of Natural Resources Canada, we
have become involved with the initiation of 2 Tasks in the International
Energy Agency (IEA) Technology Collaboration Programme “Industrial
Technologies and Systems (IETS)”.  We are opening two associated post-
doctoral positions in this regard, and are seeking well-qualified
candidates passionate about systems engineering and analytics.

These are exciting opportunities for interested candidates, involving
assessing the results of the IEA Tasks as well as conducting original
research.

Preference will be given to post-doctoral candidates having the following
qualifications, in order of priority, through their PhD work or otherwise:

Experience in applying systems analysis tools, specializing in one of the
following, related to each of the two PDF positions:
 - Decision Support Systems (DSS) and Ex-Ante Research for Energy Planning
 - Big Data Applications and Supply Chain Management
Multi-disciplinary product and process design experience
Interest in the bioeconomy

Strong command of the English language is essential.  We are interested in
candidates available to begin as soon as possible.

If this opportunity interests you, please email (a) your CV, (b) a 1-page
Statement of Interest, and (c) up to 3 related publications to Professor
Paul Stuart:  [log in to unmask]