Dear colleagues,

I am sending this email to inform you of certain initiatives of the Young Professionals (YP) program of AIChE and specifically the CAST division.

Please read below on how to join the YP community, and learn about events during the upcoming AIChE Annual meeting. Also, please forward this email to any of your students and colleagues, who you think should be aware of this initiative.

Who should be a member of the AIChE Young Professional Community? Any AIChE member under the age of 35, who has graduated from an undergraduate institution (for example: Masters students, PhD students, Academics, or Industry Professionals)

The YP community of AIChE has been growing over the past years and has created several opportunities for awards, volunteering, networking and professional development. As a CAST community, we want to ensure that our CAST-YP members are aware of these opportunities. At the same time, we want to organize CAST-specific YP events, to create a community and foster interactions between students, young industrial leaders and academics.

To learn more about the AIChE YP community and join as a member, please visit the following website: https://www.aiche.org/community/sites/committees/young-professionals/join-aiche-yp

If you are attending the Annual Meeting in Pittsburgh, it would be a great idea to learn more about the YP community by attending some of the events below:

CAST-YP events during Annual Meeting:

  1. Monday luncheon: Please join us for lunch on Monday. Lunch will be buffet-style with vegetarian options. Food will be ready at 11:30, so that we can make it to the CAST Division Awards session at 12:30! It is only a 5 minute walk to the convention center!

When: Monday Oct 29th, 2018, 11:30-12:30pm

Where: Sienna Mercato (www.siennamercato.com), 942 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA, 15222

Please RSVP for this event by emailing: [log in to unmask] by Oct 24th because space is limited!

  1. CAST Director’s Student Presentation Award finalists:

When: Monday Oct 29th, 2018, 12:30 – 3:00pm

Where: David L. Lawrence Convention Center – 408 (https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2018/meetingapp.cgi/Session/38871)

  1. Wednesday night drinks: Please join for drinks and appetizers on Wednesday!

When: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2018, 7:00pm

Where: The Yard Gastropub (theyardpgh.com), 100 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, 15222

Please RSVP for this event by emailing: [log in to unmask] by Oct 24th because space is limited!

General AICHE - YP events during the Annual Meeting in Pittsburgh:

  1. 2018 AIChE Brewing Competition

When: Sunday Oct 28th, 3:00-6:00 pm

Where: Westin Convention Center, Allegheny Grand Ballroom III

  1. Young Professionals’ Social: This is a general event for all YP of AIChE.

When: Sunday, Oct 28th, 8:00-10:00pm

Where: Sienna Mercato, 942 Penn Ave., Pittsburgh, PA, 1522

How to register: You can register for this event through your conference registration, at the on-site registration booth, or at the restaurant (cash only).

  1. What the Heck Happened? Past, Present & Future Disruptions to the Chemicals/Fuels Business

When: Tuesday, Oct 30th, 2018, 11:00-1:30pm

Where: David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom B

This session will focus on major disruption forces since the 60's and their impact on the chemical business and chemical engineering. Featured speakers: Joseph Powell, Jeff Siirola, David West, Scott Mitchell, Antonis Papadourakis

For updates, follow our Facebook & Twitter pages:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CAST-10-Computing-and-Systems-Technology/232750256765656?ref=br_tf

https://twitter.com/AIChECAST10

If you were forwarded this email, please join the listserv for more frequent CAST updates:
https://listserv.umd.edu/archives/cast10.html