Good evening,

The research group of Helen Durand at Wayne State University has several PhD positions which start as early as summer 2019 available.  The advertisement for students is attached below.  If anyone knows of a good candidate, I would be happy to have the student contact me.

PhD Positions at Wayne State University

My name is Helen Durand, and I am an Assistant Professor at Wayne State University in the exciting come-back city of Detroit in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science.  I am actively recruiting for multiple funded PhD positions that start in summer 2019.

The core mission of my research group is to improve the lives of people around the world through scientific advances that utilize computer programming, mathematics, and a solid foundation in the fundamentals of physics, chemistry, and chemical engineering.  We are currently working on cybersecurity of chemical process control systems to prevent or stop attacks that could impact basic human needs, we are developing decision-making protocols and sensing/actuation strategies that allow us to make processes safer and give computers the ability to discover physics and chemistry of a process, and we are exploring the relationship between materials and control to aid in next-generation materials design and manufacturing.   We are also passionate about making impacts in our Detroit community and worldwide through a variety of methods such as making the next generation excited about engineering from a young age through animation and film.

To find out more, email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  You can also find more information on my website at http://durand.eng.wayne.edu/.

Thank you,

Helen Durand

Assistant Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science

Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Wayne State University

5050 Anthony Wayne Drive, Room 1115

Detroit, MI 48202

313-577-3475