Dear Colleagues,

I am delighted to announce the recipients of the 2019 AIChE CAST Division Awards. Please join me in congratulating the 2019 recipients:

·         Computing in Chemical Engineering Award:  Sigurd Skogestad, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)

·         Computing Practice Award:  Costas Pantelides, Process Systems Enterprise

·         David Himmelblau Award for Innovations in Computer-Based Chemical Engineering Education: William E. Schiesser, Lehigh University

·         CAST Outstanding Young Researcher Award:  Victor Zavala, University of Wisconsin – Madison

·         W. David Smith Jr. Graduate Publication Award:  Qi Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University (now University of Minnesota)

I hope you can join us on November 12th at the CAST Awards Banquet during the AIChE Annual Meeting in Orlando where the recipients will be recognized.

Best

Mario

Dr. Mario Richard Eden, Ph.D.

Department Chair

Joe T. and Billie Carole McMillan Professor

Department of Chemical Engineering

210 Ross Hall

Auburn University, AL 36849-5127

Phone: 334-844-2064

Fax: 334-844-2063

Cell: 334-329-8958

Email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]