We invite you to submit abstracts pertaining to artificial intelligence (AI) in process automation for publication in a 2021 Special Issue of SLAS Technology. Manuscript proposals (abstracts) will be used to select and invite papers for review and publication consideration.
Proposals accepted until December 31!
Submit Proposals using this link please: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/ac760e55a5584b3a9ce8687e51616234
For more information please follow this link: https://slas.org/publications/scientific-journals/cfp-ai-in-process-automation/
We seek high-quality, short- or full-length research reports, reviews and perspectives related to artificial intelligence related technologies such as machine learning, deep learning, cognitive computing, natural language processing and understanding, pattern and image recognition, intelligent control and robotics. Manuscript proposals (abstracts) are welcome from academia, industry and vendors.
Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Machine learning in laboratory process automation and machine learning-based biological attributes and activity prediction
- Deep learning in laboratory process automation, high-throughput systems and automated visual inspection
- Designing and automating analyses of virtual experiments for process design and optimization in synthetics and biologics process development
- Automation of cell culture and viral clearance workflows
- Applications of hybrid modeling in process and product design, as well as in biopharmaceuticals manufacturing
- Intelligent monitoring and control applications for fed-batch and/or continuous manufacturing formats
- Process technology transfers
- Accelerating drug product formulation development including applications in stability studies
- Workflow automation and robotics use in drug candidate screening and cell line development
- Closed-loop robotics systems/autonomous platforms
- Chemical synthesis optimization and machine learning-assisted synthetic process design
- Enabling AI technologies, including process automation for cell and gene therapy processes
Submit your manuscript proposal before December 31, 2019. It should include your name, contact information, affiliation and a working title and abstract (250-500 words) as an MS Word document.
Invited manuscripts will need to be completed and submitted by May 1, 2020. All submitted papers will be subject to peer-review to ensure scientific rigor, clarity of expression and integration with other contributions in the SLAS Technology special issue. Submissions from SLAS members, nonmembers and especially attendees of the AI in Process Automation Symposium are welcomed!
Cenk Undey, PhD