C3 is hiring! We are rapidly growing and looking for individuals with Optimization and ML/AI background. Sample job description is given below. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions and/or are interested to apply.
C3 AI is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The C3 AI Suite supports the value chain in any industry with prebuilt, configurable, high-value AI applications for reliability, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply network optimization, energy management, and customer engagement. Learn more at: www.c3.ai
As a Senior Data Scientist -- Optimization, you will work with some of the largest companies on the planet helping them build the next generation of AI-powered enterprise applications – many including optimization. You will work directly with data scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts in the definition of new analytics capabilities able to provide our customers with the information they need to make proper decisions and enable their digital transformation. You will help find the appropriate optimization formulations to answer those questions and implement those on the C3 AI Suite so they can run at scale.
Qualified candidates will have an in-depth knowledge in optimization and an understanding for common machine learning techniques and their applications.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in optimization.
- Research, design, implement, and deploy optimization solutions for enterprise applications leveraging the C3 AI Suite.
- Assist and enable C3 AI customers to build their own applications on the C3 AI Suite.
- Lead a small technical team on a project, identify technical risks and mitigation strategies.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new features of the C3 AI Suite.
- Contribute to making C3 AI a great place to work.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization, Econometrics, Operational Research, or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of optimization (constrained, convex and non-convex optimization problems, and LP, QP, MILP, MINLP, problems and solvers).
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, statistics, optimization).
- Strong coding skills in Python (or similar object-oriented programming language).
- Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team.
- Smart, motivated, can do attitude, and seeks to make a difference.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about our customers' industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Work will be conducted at our office in Redwood City, California
- Professional experience applying optimization in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Gurobi.
- Experience with scalable ML (distributed systems, MapReduce, streaming).
- A portfolio of projects (GitHub, papers, etc.) is a plus.
C3 AI provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits