Join the HJF Team!

The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine (HJF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing military medicine. We serve military, medical, academic and government clients by administering, managing and supporting preeminent scientific programs that benefit members of the armed forces and civilians alike. Since its founding in 1983, HJF has served as a vital link between the military medical community and its federal and private partners. HJF's support and administrative capabilities allow military medical researchers and clinicians to maintain their scientific focus and accomplish their research goals.

HJF is seeking a Research Assistant I, II, or III to perform laboratory research in support of senior technical and professional staff. All experience levels, including new graduates will be considered. Final position and salary will be based on education and experience of the selected candidate.

This position will be in support of the B Cell Biology Core of the US Military HIV Research Program at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Silver Spring MD. The ideal candidate will provide technical laboratory support to senior staff conducting studies on the role of humoral immunity, viral pathogenesis, and vaccine development. Research includes a wide variety of techniques (molecular, biochemical, flow cytometric) for the isolation, purification, and characterization of antibodies to various pathogens including HIV, COVID-19, Zika virus and others from pathogenesis and vaccine studies. All experience levels will be considered as we grow our team. We’re looking for someone who is organized and detail-oriented who enjoys working with a supportive and inclusive team. Great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to exciting research! To learn more about the B Cell Biology Core Laboratory please visit our website:: https://www.hivresearch.org/lab/b-cell-biology-core-laboratory

Responsibilities

Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

Supervisory Responsibilities

Physical Capabilities

Qualifications

Work Environment

Education and Experience

All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.

Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, education and credentials, a criminal background check, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check if applicable. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.

Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities

The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)

Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.

Event Date: 01/17/2023

Event Location: WRAIR Silver Spring, MD

Contact Person: Jennifer Etornam Adrih

Contact Email: [log in to unmask]