Want to help build schools in Honduras and meet some awesome people in the process? Come check out One Thousand Schools UMD! We are a group of passionate and fun-loving students helping drive sustainable change in rural Honduras. Together, we lead fundraisers for the construction of new schools, host social events, and travel to Honduras every winter break to get hands-on experience at the worksite! Our mission is to help alleviate poverty and gang violence in Honduras through education.

Come learn more about us at one of our interest meetings below! Pizza will be provided!

If you can’t make the interest meetings, no worries! Stop by one of our GBMs on Wednesdays at 7 PM (also in the Armory basement) to check us out! Also make sure to join our GroupMe to hear about all of our upcoming fundraisers and social events.

If you want more information, check us out on our website at www.1000schoolsumd.org. You can also follow us on Instagram!

Check out our video of our most recent trip to Honduras here!

Event Dates: February 24 and February 26
Event Start Time: 5:30 PM
Event End Time: 6:30 PM
Event Location: Reckord Armory Basement
Contact Person: Caleb McClatchey