I hope you are having a great Spring 2023 semester! FIRE is excited to announce the 2023 FIRE Summer Research Internships, a research experience and professional development opportunity built for a wide range of University of Maryland (UMD) students. This opportunity is available to UMD undergraduates both affiliated with and independent of the FIRE program at UMD.

FIRE Summer Research Internships provide:

           AND

FIRE Summer Research Interns work closely with our FIRE Faculty Leaders and a small group of their undergraduate peers on focused research projects in FIRE stream locations across campus.

All FIRE Summer Research Interns will participate in a broad range of potential research engagements:

All FIRE Summer Research Interns will strongly develop their leadership potential and other professional capacities through weekly program-wide seminars and professional development discussions.

Each FIRE stream has a small number of FIRE Summer Research Interns, ensuring selected students get a focused, faculty-mentored research experience.

Eligibility

The FIRE Summer Research Internships is the opportunity through which FIRE is able to offer its resources to students who are currently in FIRE, those who have already completed FIRE, and other UMD undergraduate students who are not affiliated with FIRE.

To be clear on this issue of eligibility for FIRE Summer Research Internships - the following groups of UMD undergraduates are encouraged to consider this exciting opportunity and apply:

How to Apply

Due to space limitations, FIRE Summer Research Internship positions are by application through March 27, 2023 (apply here). Our application purposefully does not ask about your grades, GPA, or previous academic and/or research accomplishments. We simply want to know more about you, and your motivations for pursuing a research and professional development experience with FIRE.

We will use the perspectives you share to find students we think are a good match for the opportunity we offer.

The Process After Application

After the application period ends, the following process will occur:

Additional information and answers to FAQs are available on our website.

Sincerely,

Carol Vieira

Carol Vieira, PhD

Assistant Program Director

FIRE: The First-Year Innovation and Research Experience

University of Maryland, College Park

Email: [log in to unmask]